November 2, 2011

Click For Cans - A Season For Giving

Grace. Heart. Love. Compassion. Children. Helpful. Life.

In my childhood, I have always been taught the importance of giving. My mom and dad have been the most inspirational role models a girl could ever ask for. Salina was a community full of heart, and it's the place where I grew into a compassionate teacher myself. 

It was then in my first two years of teaching where I learned first hand about the importance of such giving. There are so many kids in this world who only long to go to school for the sole purpose of food. On a free and reduced meal plan, they are able to eat breakfast and lunch, only to wait for the next day of school when they can eat another meal. Most teachers can't wait for the Friday dismissal to come, but some kids cry at the thought of it because they know how their tummy growls come Monday morning.  

I have decided to kick start this holiday season with my first annual "Click For Cans." For each and every comment that is left on my blog, I will donate an extra item to the North Texas Food Bank. Their "Food 4 Kids" program puts together weekly backpacks full of food for hungry children. During the holiday season, they include gifts such as warm socks, gloves, and toys as well. View their page for more details: http://www.ntfb.org/au_programs-food-for-kids.cfm 

How It Works
Please leave a comment on your favorite photo blog, and be sure to help those children in need! 
Feel free to pass on the information to others...the more, the merrier!
 I know from experience just how important this is!

God Bless, and have a wonderful holiday season!


6 comments:

  1. Overflowing gratitude to you and your large and lovely heart. May your goodness return to you one hundredfold. Peace be. Lynne Thompson, Howard, KS

    ReplyDelete
  2. ERIN!! wanted to leave a comment so u will donate 1 more can, can i come with you to deliver them???

    -Jake

    Ps- TIME TO GET UP!!!! IM BRINGING POTS AND PANS!!! PULLING THE COVERS OFF!!!!! -Inside Joke everyone-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to contribute to the less fortunate! Loving all your photos by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to help your community! Very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Erin!! Tell me what you need & I'll donate too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an awesome idea Erin! Good luck and great photos.

    ReplyDelete