December 20, 2011

Steps To Warming An Image - Before & After

Using Photoshop CS5,
I was able to take a photo that looked like this...

And warm it up into this...

Here are the steps that I took to get the final image:

1. Unlocked the background layer.

2. Duplicated the layer and used the "healing tool" to get rid of the runny 
nose and some red blotches. I wanted to leave some redness to make it more 
"real" for the family when they look back. 

3. Raised Exposure and Lowered Gamma Correction to change the lighting.

4. For the warmer colors, I duplicated the layer and covered it with an 
orangey color, then changed the blending to "soft light". 
I then changed the opacity to a lower percentage.

5. Changed the adjustment in the Curves layer to 
take some of the shadows from his eyes. 

6. Added a Photo Filter of a warm color.

7. Duplicated a layer and covered with with black, 
then again changed the blending to "soft light". 
Using the eraser tool, I gave it a vignette appearance with black on the edges. 

Please share and "like" my page on Facebook here

No comments:

Post a Comment