April 12, 2012

Moving Is Bittersweet

I know that I usually blog about photoshoots and sneak peeks,
but today, I share a story with you.

Growing up a farm girl in central Kansas, moving to Dallas two years ago
was a huge change for my husband and I! I wasn't quite sure what to think
about living in a big city...would I ever be able to fit in
as a little fish in this ginormous sea? Two years passed quickly,
and I have most definitely found my nitch! I could honestly stay forever!
We have made so many close friends, 
I work in the friendliest of all schools, and the families in which 
I have been so blessed to capture through my camera lens 
are all phenomenal people, with gorgeous families!
Life in the Big D is grande!

Two years of graduate have gone by, my husband is graduating with an MBA, 
and we are so lucky to be moving close to home!
Come the end of May, we will say goodbye to our friends so dear in Dallas,
and move north to the Land of Oz. 
As excited as I always thought I would be to move home,
I honestly am so sad to be going as well.
Moving is a bittersweet thing.

To every single friend I have made in Dallas, 
thank you for making the past two years one that I will never forget!
Dallas is a wonderful home, and full of such great people!
We leave with smile, and know that we will definitely keep in touch.

To those of you up north,
I am so excited to be coming home!
Back to Sunday dinners at Grandma's with your homemade chicken & noodles,
birthday celebrations, and a Saturday night get-togethers with dear friends.
And dare I even mention season tickets?? Purple tailgates...here we come!

Yes, moving is bittersweet.
On that,
I leave you with this...

We are moving...
What better way to celebrate than to offer a special???
I will be in Wichita June 1,
and would love to start filling my "teacher-free" summer!


2013 Seniors      Family      Maternity      Engagement



No comments:

Post a Comment