September 5, 2011

Maternity - Cabel


IT'S A BOY!!!


Cabbage Patch dolls and Barbies...that was our life. Cabel has been my closest friend since the age of three. We have laughed together, and we have cried together. Late night phone calls to cry about break ups, to engagements and weddings...and finally, baby announcements!

In late July, I was able to go home for a weekend to celebrate Baby Boy Paton, who will make his appearance into the world this fall! I had so much fun catching up with Cabel, making last minute baby shower preparations, and even had a few minutes to head out in the country neighborhood for a maternity photo session. Daddio had to work while we played, so hopefully I'll make it back when Baby Paton arrives for snuggle time with Auntie Erin and a family photo shoot!



I insisted that we begin at some old stomping grounds. The road sign behind is at the intersection of Shipton (where I grew up) and Shilo (her old homestead). 


I couldn't resist using a gorgeous Kansas sunset over the country hilltops!


...Love...


And of course a few more of my favorites!


And finally, after many weeks of planning and preparation, my first experience of hosting a baby shower was a success! We had over 50 family and friends join in for the celebration, ice cream cake, a fabulous feast of breakfast casseroles...



A teensy onesie clothesline...


Extra time with our precious little neighbor, Marci...


And even some giggles and ballon chasing 
(she eventually got fed up with my picture taking and stuck out that bottom lip of hers).


When the party was over, and the boys showed up to load all of the gifts, 
I mentioned to Matt that I had one special surprise for him...


What's in the potty, Matt?!? Poo poo!!


Oh the things you have to look forward to! I'm so happy you'll be a momma soon enough!



No comments:

Post a Comment