September 11, 2011

A Week Full Of Brothers

Teaching over these past five years has taught me more than I ever knew about kids. Spending time all summer with two boys, 12 hours per day, opened my eyes to knowledge beyond reading comprehension and excuses for not doing homework. And for the past week, I have been with these boys day and night. Early morning wake ups and brushing teeth, off to school, homework, chores, evening TV shows, play dates, soccer practice, homemade dinners, nightly devotions and snuggles, early bed time, soccer games, football games, and so much more!


I spent an evening out with two boys.



I saw the many faces of Cooper.


I saw the many faces of Jake.


I watched a soccer game.

I went to my first SMU football game. 



I sat in silence and prayed to remember those
who lost their lives on 9-11, ten years ago.



All in all, it was a great week! 
I learned. 
They make me smile.


They make me referee.


They make my heart warm.


They bring me joy.

1 comment: