July 4, 2012

MOSTACCIOLI SALAD Recipe


I have not ever shared a recipe on my blog,
but have contemplated doing so a time or two.
I always knew that if I chose to do so,
it would be one steller of a recipe to share!

I have never been a pasta salad type girl,
but when I met my mother-in-law,
she changed that about me. 
This is a must-have at all family gatherings,
and so many friends have asked for the recipe when I bring it along.
Very easy!

Since I take this to almost every gathering,
I decided to spice it up and add a little patriotic flare for an
all American celebration this year!




MOSTACCIOLI SALAD


1 box pasta


1 1/2 cup white vinegar
1 1/2 cup veggie oil
1 1/2 cup white sugar


1/2 tsp celery seed
1 tsp seasoning salt
1 tbsp parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp dry mustard
1 tbsp onion flakes


1 fresh cucumber
1/2 fresh onion
1 fresh green pepper


Directions: Cook the pasta using box directions. Blend all ingredients together in your blender and set aside (not the fresh veggies). Slice the fresh veggies according to how large or small you prefer the pieces to be. Mix everything together in a large bowl. Chill and enjoy!


Patriotic Version: I decided to split the pasta into thirds. I boiled 1/3 in clear water, another 1/3 in red water (using color dye), and the last 1/3 in blue water. I rinsed each batch with cold water before mixing it all together with the dressing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment